It is currently January 17th, 2018, 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 28th, 2017, 8:19 am 
Harlequin Duck

This is a pretty nice 9 mo. old yellow male from field trial breeding. I got him as a pup with intent to train as a field trial candidate. He is a very nice retriever but does not show me the hair on fire drive I am looking for in a field trial dog. He should make a very nice hunt test dog and an exceptional hunting companion.

He is clean in the kennel and quiet. Gets along with the other dogs well. He is OB trained, collar conditioned, force fetched. I have just started to steady him on his marks. Ready for walking fetch then pile work. He is located near Birmingham Al. $2500 now. Price goes up as training advances.

The video shows him on his training marks today. We were working on a punch bird set up. Right mark is about 90 yards, left about the same. The punch bird up the middle is close to 175. He is a pretty good marker as you will see.

Pedigree is pretty nice with FC AFC sire (Moody's Nitz) and QAA 2 dam. EIC CNM clear.

Contact me here by pm or at Mperry1169@aol.com

Wife shot the video. She lost him a little on the first mark, but you'll get the idea. It's too cold here to do any water work but he is good in the water. Does not hesitate at all on entry. We have shot marks for him in water to about 100 yards with straight entries and no factors.

https://youtu.be/mik0kFxNBtg

PostPosted: January 5th, 2018, 11:40 am 
Coot

What a beautiful dog, Mike. How long does it typically take you to fully train a dog like that?

PostPosted: January 10th, 2018, 8:45 pm 
Harlequin Duck

Tolle wrote:
What a beautiful dog, Mike. How long does it typically take you to fully train a dog like that?

This pup is 9 months old. Pretty typical of where mine are at that age. Usually by 18 months they are trained enough to be a competent hunter with hand signals to 75-100 yards and able to do multiple retrieves on land and water. If you want one trained, shoot me an e mail at mperry1169@aol.com